want to be peter pan
Someone said that you become an adult when you have to start working harder for your income and spend it on vital necessities, not on fun. I may add that you become even more acutely aware of adulthood when the additional income you get (by moonlighting or accepting temporary jobs) goes towards the bills and not toys and treats like before.
Also when people stop asking you what you want to do when you grow up and begin asking what you want to do next year.
Today’s strange observation — graffiti conversation in a girls’ bathroom stall at university:
– I want to go to Harvard.
– Well, I want to go to Ravenclaw, so effing what?
– I’m perfectly happy at Slytherin, it’s super!
– People, Harvard is not the same as Hogvard. (sic)
– We know it’s not, but they’re both FAR AWAY :)
– Yes, but Harvard is closer.
– No it’s not, Harvard is in the U.S., and Hogwarts is in the U.K.
So there’s that.