1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Learn Danish, climb huge rocks, get a year ticket to the opera, travel alone for no reason.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t remember making any last year, and I make resolutions every day anyway.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! I’m now a happy aunt! (My cousin had a son a few days ago)
4. Did anyone close to you die? Unfortunately, yes.
5. What countries did you visit? Israel, Ukraine (first time), and Russia.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Patience, a hot bod, and a house in Jerusalem.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Probably the days of #3 and#4. And also the day A. gave me a very special gift.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Several months of daily workouts; shooting a vow renewal ceremony for my friend’s parents.
9. What was your biggest failure? The following several months of no workouts at all; the whole driving license fiasco.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My Nikon D40.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My family members.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own?
14. Where did most of your money go? Take-out coffee and stupid stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My nephew, my camera, working out, seeing Bob Dylan and Katie Melua live.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Maybe February by Jesus Jones or Ghost Town by Katie Melua.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same.
b) thinner or fatter? A tad thinner, I guess, but still fatter than I’d like.
c) richer or poorer? Potentially richer, if I get to work now.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Changing. Schoolwork.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Succumbing to my weaknesses, whining, and procrastinating.
20. How did you spend Christmas? A shift at the hotline and watching Grease on the eve, working the whole day Christmas day.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I’m married, this is obviously a trick question.
22. What was your favorite TV program? What, one? I watched and liked Scrubs, House MD, How I Met Your Mother, Whose Line Is It Anyway, Top Design, Project Runway, Californication, and Will&Grace.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t think so.
24. What was the best book you read? Lost in Translation by Eva Hoffman and maybe Don Quixote.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Jews Brothers Band might not have been the greatest, but it’s the most recent.
26. What did you want and get? Beside various items, I got to go to Israel and the Crimea; I also made two friends in university, which I’d lost hope of doing a while ago; and I learned some Danish.
27. What did you want and not get? Myself together.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Wall-E, Get Real and The Fall.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I worked all day, argued a lot, and was hungry. I turned 22.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More peace with myself and the world around.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Whatever fits?
32. What kept you sane? A. and the gym.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Stephen Fry – always.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Maybe the U.S. presidential elections.
35. Who did you miss? Most of my friends – they all live far away.
36. Who was the best new person you met? My friend’s boyfriend S.?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Always write down valuable lessons in case of an end-of-year quiz.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Is there a song about how I only remember the past two weeks? ‘I have been drinking heavily the whole time, lalala’?