shouldn’t be blogging at this hour
This post should really be called What I Did Today (You Should Be Very Interested). I have vowed to blog at least three times a week, and I’m doing it, dammit! Also, I’m avoiding work.
So what I did today was, in order of occurrence:
1) Ordered seven theatre tickets for the end of January, because the cultural market here is more competitive than a tank of very hungry goldfish when a single worm has been dropped in, and miraculously, there were tickets for a play I’d been wanting to see.
2) Called all my friends and suggested they come to the play. I’m proud to say not one of them hesitated before saying yes. Well, actually, my brother said no, but he didn’t hesitate either, and there were just enough tickets left for the rest of us, so that’s all good.
3) Wrapped a gazillion gifts. We have a family tradition to hold a party around this time of year. We have oily food in honour of Chanuka, we exchange gifts for Christmas, and we decorate a ficus tree in lieu of a fir. We call it the Kwanzaa party. So we had guests today.
4) Smiled a lot, held a baby, forced food on people, encouraged a shy new guest to talk, worried that everyone was bored, ate apple sauce (braces), unwrapped presents, ooh-ed, aah-ed, nodded, and retired into another room early. I suck at entertaining.
5) Lay down on the couch, bullied A. into giving me twenty different soft foods, watched a couple episodes of Simpsons, brushed my teeth using the supercool highlight tablet the doc gave me that shows me where to brush better, and blogged about all that. Exciting.
Now I might work. Or not! Or I might even go to sleep!!!!!!! I have an exam on Monday – should I study?!!!! Are you intrigued?! Stay tuned for the next installment of my fascinating life – with even more boring detail!