The blogging client has been sitting here open, empty, waiting, for a while now. I’m in a quiet mood today. Woken by a friendly hello at an early hour, I have only been out of bed for ten minutes: brushed my teeth and got right back under the duvet. I don’t feel like talking.
What soothes you? What do you do when you’re one on one with yourself? Is there something you particularly enjoy? How do you ease yourself out of seclusion? (For me, the last question is the trickiest.)
Things that help me relax:
1. Taking and editing pictures of peaceful objects, like this:
2. Window shopping at design and decorating websites, like Etsy, NOTCOT, Design*Sponge, and even Martha Stewart’s Kingdom of Perfect.
3. Eating melon. And melted cheese.
4. Having tea with a book somewhere nice.
5. Looking at catalogs.
6. Shopping for safe items like stationery, tea, chocolate, scarves etc.
7. Watching shows like Friends, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and Malcolm in the Middle.
8. Browsing Flickr, IMDb, and YouTube
8. Making things.
Would anyone like to exchange postcards? Mine would be handmade, but I can also include standard ones with pictures of Vilnius if you’re collecting. I’d really love to get postcards this year – and if I promise to send you one, I’ll have to commit to making it, which would be an additional asset.